What Can I Do with an Amazon Echo?
Posted by FreedomNet
What Can I Do with an Amazon Echo? Amazon’s Prime Day recently concluded, and along with the random assortment of Prime deals that consumers took advantage of, many also bought Amazon Echo virtual assistant devices. As a networked device, Amazon’s Echo is capable of syncing with multiple popular apps, such as Spotify and Netflix, as well as assisting with more mundane tasks like checking the weather and making to-do lists. With over 3000 “skills” or unique actions it can perform, a new user may find themselves overwhelmed with their choices. Heres a list of a few of our favorites that have practical uses:
- Get the news – You can get a jump start on the headlines by asking Alexa to “read me the news” and it will quickly go over the morning’s headlines courtesy of NPR, CNN, Fox News, or any other news source you have it defaulted to.
- Working out – If you’re too busy for the gym, ask Alexa to “start a 10-minute workout” and it drills you through a series of workout reps that will get your blood flowing.
- Control the lights – The Clap On of the 21st Century; if you own some Philips Hue Lights, you can sync them with Alexa to turn them on or off when you go to bed.
- Find your phone – As described, you can use the TrackR app to locate your phone at full volume through Alexa
- Finding shopping deals – Asking Alexa for the “deal of the day” you can get it to curate a list of featured Amazon Prime deals that may, or may not strike your interest.
There are several other commands, such as checking wait times at the airport and ordering a pizza that Amazon’s Echo can assist with. Please keep in mind though that for most features to be taken advantage of, you will require an internet connection. Thankfully FreedomNet offers wireless high-speed internet to rural, under served areas of Michigan. We have service towers throughout much of the state, along with great customer support based in Michigan.
If you are interested and would like to know more information, feel free to fill out a Contact Us form, or call our offices at 866.669.4737 ext. 2 and speak with a representative. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have.