Email Setup: Thunderbird V 3.1
Use this guide to configure Mozilla Thunderbird V 3.1 to work with your FreedomNet Email.
Step 1: Create Your Account
Start Mozilla Thunderbird. If this is the first time using Thunderbird it will open the Account Wizard. If this is not the first time using Thunderbird you can access the Account Wizard by going to Tools > Account Settings
Step 2: Add Email Account
- In the Account Settings window, choose “Account Actions”.
- Select “Add Mail Account”.
Step 3: Basic Information
Enter your first and last name, full email address, and password and then click “Continue”.
Step 4: Edit Email Account Settings
Click “Edit” in the menu.
Step 5: Advanced Settings
- Enter your full email address in the Username field.
- Enter “fnw.us” as the incoming mail server name. Choose “POP”. Change the incoming port to 995 and also choose SSL/TLS.
- Under outgoing server type in “fnw.us”, change the port to 465 and also choose SSL/TLS.
Step 6: Re-Test Configuration
Click “Re-test Configuration” to check your settings.
Step 7: Create Account
The buttons on the left should be green, you can then click “Create Account”.
Step 8: Edit Outgoing Server Settings
Choose “Outgoing Server (SMTP)” on the left, and then choose “Edit” on the right.
Step 9: Edit Outgoing Server Settings Part 2
Change the User Name field so your entire email shows
Step 10: Setup Complete
Click “OK” and you are finished!