Email Setup: Outlook 2000
Use this guide to configure Outlook 2000 to work with your FreedomNet Email.
Step 1: Create Your Account (Part 1)
- Open Outlook
- Select the “Tools” pulldown menu and select “Accounts.”
Step 2: Create Your Account (Part 2)
- Click the “Add” button.
- Select “Mail.”.
Step 3: Display Name
- Enter your name as you want it to appear in your outgoing messages.
- Click the “Next” button.
Step 4: Server Names
- Select “POP3” for my incoming mail server field.
- Type fnw.us in BOTH of the “Incoming mail (POP3) server” and “Outgoing mail (SMTP) server” text fields.
- Click “Next.”
Step 5: User Credentials
- Enter your FreedomNet e-mail address in the field “Account name” text field.
- Enter your E-mail password (we recommend that you uncheck your “Remember my Password” checkbox to ensure added security to your account).
- Click “Next.”
Step 6: Connection Type
- Select the type of your connection.
- Click “Next”.
Step 7: Finish the Wizard
Click the “Finish” button.
Step 8: Configuring the Account Settings (Part 1)
- You still need to configure your E-mail account to work with the FreedomNet E-mail system.
- Click the “Tools” pulldown menu and select “Accounts.”
Step 9: Configuring the Account Settings (Part 2)
Select the mail account that was just created from the list and then click the “Properties” button on the right.
Step 10: Advanced Configuration
- Click on “Servers” tab
- Check the boxes in front of “My server requires authentication”
- Click “OK.”
Step 11: Servers Configuration
- Select the “Advanced” tab.
- Check the boxes in front of “This server requires a secure connection (SSL) for BOTH Outgoing and Incoming mail.
- Make sure “Outgoing mail (SMTP)” is set to port 465, not 25.