Email Setup: Outlook Express
Use this guide to configure Outlook Express Email to work with your FreedomNet Email.
Step 1: Create Your Account (Part 1)
- Start Outlook Express. On the “Tools” menu, click “Accounts.”
Step 2: Create Your Account (Part 2)
- In the Internet Accounts dialog box, click “Add,” and then click “Mail.”
Step 3: Display Name
- In the “Display Name” box, type the name that you want others to see when you send a message, and then click “Next.”
Step 4: Email Address
- In the “E-mail Address” box, type the email address for the account that you are using (for example, “firstname.lastname@example.org”), and then click “Next.”
Step 5: Server Names
Under “E-mail Server Names,” select the appropriate incoming e-mail server type (Post Office Protocol version 3 [POP3] is the default type), enter “fnw.us” for BOTH your incoming and outgoing email servers and then click “Next.”
Step 6: User Credentials
Enter your full e-mail in the field “Account name” text field. Make sure the box “Log on using Secure Password Authentication” is blank.
Step 7: Configuring the Account Settings
To configure your email, select the mail account and click on the “Properties” button on the right.
Step 8: Servers Configuration
Click on the “Servers” tab on the top and check the box, “My server requires authentication.”
Step 9: Advanced Configuration
- Click on the “Advanced” tab on the top and check the boxes for outgoing and incoming mail labeled, “This server requires a secure connection (SSL)”.
- Make sure “Outgoing Mail (SMTP)” is set to port 465.
- Click “OK” and you should be able to send and receive mail.