Field Installation and Service Technician
Position Type: Full Time
Experience Required: None
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Location: Central / East Michigan
Compensation: $18.00 to $20.00 based on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Position Description: The FreedomNet Field Technician is responsible for providing excellent customer service through installing/uninstalling, troubleshooting, maintaining, and upgrading FreedomNet Solutions services and equipment.
- Learn and understand basic knowledge of computers and the internet.
- Be able to enter information on a computer and operate computer programs.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose customer specific issues.
- Have a working knowledge of construction and running wires.
- Be able to use power and hand tools.
- Be able to manage a work schedule of activity in a variety of weather conditions.
- Be able to physically install or replace equipment at elevated outdoor locations.
- Be able to work safely by following industry codes, regulations, and standards.
- Meet weight and other physical requirements.
- Meet basic hygiene, appearance, and social standards.
- Be able to hear audio tones on a headset.
- Have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Maintain adequate equipment inventory in vehicle and communicate needs to main office.
- Be a self-starter and customer oriented individual.
- Acquires and applies information needed for prompt decision making.
- Be able to work accurately and follow company procedures efficiently.
- Have the ability to effectively communicate with customers and company personnel in both spoken and written language.
- Has the ability to think creatively and outside the box to find solutions for customers.
- Treat customers with respect, courtesy, and professionalism at all times.
- Supports coworkers and builds positive working relationships with all team members.
- Meets or exceeds performance goals and quality standards.
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards by prioritizing tasks and working efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Minimum educational requirements: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Must meet company hiring criteria for pre-employment screening, including criminal background check and MVR check.
- Be able to use a map, Google Earth, or GPS device for efficient travel. As well as have a working knowledge of handheld electronics, including smart phones, iPads, laptops, etc.
- Six months experience in telecommunications, electrical, construction, or related field preferred.
- Must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions, including precipitation and temperature variations.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders and carry or maneuver heavy objects up to 100 lbs.
- An essential duty of the position is to install radio equipment with the use of a ladder on customer’s homes. The ladders used have been rated to hold a maximum total weight (including tools and equipment) of 250 lbs. To allow for the weight of equipment an individual’s weight cannot exceed 225 lbs.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.