Email Setup: Office 365
Use this guide to configure Office 365 Email to work with your FreedomNet E-mail.
Step 1: Create Your Account
- Click on File at the top of the window.
- Click on Info and a drop-down will appear.
- Click on Account settings as circled in the image below.
- Click “New” in the window that pops up.
- You should see a window pop up that looks similar to this image. Click on “Manual setup or additional server types”.
- Click “Next”.
- The next page will look like this image. Click on POP or IMAP and click next.
Step 2: Enter Your Email Settings
The next page should look like the image shown. Fill in the appropriate information.
- Your Name – enter your first and last name
- Email Address – enter your full email address
- Account Type – select “POP3”
- Incoming Mail Server – Enter “fnw.us”
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) – Enter “fnw.us”
- User Name – enter your full email address
- Password – enter the password you’ve established for your email.
- Click “More Settings…”
Step 3: Enter the Server Settings
- The next window that pops up should look like this. Click on the “Outgoing Server” tab at the top.
- You should now see this image. Ensure that “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” is checked.
Click on the “Advanced” tab at the top. You should now see more settings as shown below.
- Incoming server (POP3) – Enter “995”
- Ensure that “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)” is checked.
- Outgoing server (SMTP) – Enter “465”
- Ensure that “Use the following type of encrypted connection” has “SSL” selected.
- Click “OK”.
Step 4: Finalize and Test the Account
- You should now be taken back to this page. Click “Next”.
- There will now be a test performed to ensure the email was set up properly. If it was successful you should see the image below. If successful close the window and start using your email! If it was unsuccessful go back and ensure all settings were typed in correctly. If you are still having troubles feel free to contact our customer support at 866-669-4737 x1.